The following are the general terms and conditions applying to the purchase of tickets to performances of The Metropolitan Orchestra. By purchasing a ticket, you will be taken as having read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions. If you acquire tickets on behalf of anyone else, you are deemed to have agreed to these terms on your own behalf and as an agent for them.
1. The right of admission is reserved.
2. A booking fee may be applicable.
3. No refunds or exchanges except as provided in the Live Performance Australia Code of Practice for the Ticketing of Live Entertainment in Australia (liveperformance.com.au)
4. Cameras and other recording devices are prohibited in the venue’s auditorium. Mobile telephones, pagers and similar equipment must be turned off before entry into the venue’s auditorium.
5. Tickets are valid only when purchased from The Metropolitan Orchestra or an authorised agent.
6. Lost or forgotten tickets will only be replaced only where The Metropolitan Orchestra is satisfied that such tickets have been purchased by you in accordance with these terms and conditions, and where proof of purchase is available.
7. The right is reserved to vary, substitute or withdraw advertised programs, artists, venue and seating arrangements.
8. Performances may be unsuitable for children under eight (8) years of age.
9. All patrons, irrespective of age, must hold a valid ticket and occupy a seat or dedicated position (unless this has the potential to cause injury to the person).
10. Patrons arriving late will not be able to be admitted into the venue’s auditorium until there is a suitable break in the performance.
11. Patrons who disrupt a performance may be asked to leave the venue.
12. The Metropolitan Orchestra reserves the right to record, broadcast and simulcast any performance.
13. If you are photographed, filmed or taped whilst attending a The Metropolitan Orchestra performance, you consent to The Metropolitan Orchestra or third parties appointed by The Metropolitan Orchestra photographing, filming and taping you. The Metropolitan Orchestra or third parties appointed by The Metropolitan Orchestra can broadcast, publish, license and use any photographs, film, recordings and images of you without compensation. The Metropolitan Orchestra, the third parties and anyone acquiring from them a right to use the material are not liable to you in any way for its use.
14. The layout of The Metropolitan Orchestra’s venues may be unfamiliar to you, so you must take care at all times. You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own safety and for the safety of any person accompanying you.
15. The Metropolitan Orchestra is not liable to you for any claims, damages, compensation, losses or expenses as a result of a The Metropolitan Orchestra performance being cancelled, postponed or changed.
16. To the extent permitted by the law, you release The Metropolitan Orchestra (including its directors, officers, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and volunteers) from any liability for any damage, loss, liability or injury you may suffer in relation to your attendance at a venue, how so ever caused, including due to any negligence or other act or omission of The Metropolitan Orchestra.
17. You agree to compensate The Metropolitan Orchestra for any damage, loss, liability or injury The Metropolitan Orchestra may suffer as a result of your wilful, reckless or negligent acts or omissions at a venue.
18. You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own property.
19. From time to time, The Metropolitan Orchestra may make offers in relation to services available to ticket holders. These offers are subject to change without notice. The Metropolitan Orchestra is not responsible for the performance of third parties in relation to any offer or service.
20. The Metropolitan Orchestra may choose not to enforce some of these terms in some cases. That does not mean that The Metropolitan Orchestra has waived its right to enforce some or all of them as it sees fit. If any of these terms cannot be enforced, the remaining terms will survive.
Your agreement with The Metropolitan Orchestra for the purchase of a ticket is governed by the laws of New South Wales.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please call The Metropolitan Orchestra on (02) 8004 3472.