Now in our 9th year of performance, we are seeking corporate and personal financial supporters who are excited about helping us grow and continue to deliver great music to all Sydney siders with their tax deductible donations and philanthropic support. Without this support, much of what we do, and the risks we take to deliver fantastic classical music experiences would simply not be possible.
Your support will make a real difference to TMO’s future – what a proud thing to know and be a part of.
The Metropolitan Orchestra (ABN 85 176 528 183) is a registered charity and the fund it operates is listed on the Register of Cultural Organisations. As such, your gift of $2 or more is fully tax deductible.
If you would like to request more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly on (02) 8004 3472 to chat about how your financial contribution will help.
Classical and orchestral music is a culturally and internationally significant art form which is prevalent in all the advanced cities of the world. Many would argue that the accessibility to high-quality art is a distinguishing factor of well developed and functional cities and societies. We believe there is a big gap in the access to this vitally important art form in Sydney that places our city significantly behind other culturally advanced cities of the world.
TMO plan to address this gap with the following 6 point Accessible Music Plan:
1. Accessibility: Continue to break down the barriers to high quality classical music.
2. Opportunity: Provide performance opportunities for passionate musicians at the highest levels.
3. New Work: Develop, promote and perform new Australian works.
4. Edutainment: (Education/Entertainment) Bring TMO touring professionals into schools to give insight on musicianship and performance.
5. Regional: Find ways to present the finest classical music at regional centres.
6. Indigenous: Engage young Indigenous performers and classical music professionals.